Churchill's British Resistance - The Auxiliary Units

 

This page is part of a site tour of the Coleshill estate during WW2. Click here to start the tour. 

Please Note: The Coleshill House site and grounds are owned by the National Trust. The woods and grounds of the house are all strictly private and access is limited to set days a year. See our events page for their official open days. Attempting to access the site outside of these times is not only trespassing but could damage the future of our work and relationship with the Trust and villagers. Please respect this.

Royal Signals Huts In The Woods - Known to researchers as Sector 1

This page was last updated at 2:09pm on 7/6/13

Signals-Huts-map-2

1) Structure 1 - Motor Transport Park & ramp 6) Structure 6 - Hut Two
2) Structure 2 - Suspected Generator Room Area 7) Structure 7 - Hut Three
3) Structure 3 - Suspected Ammo Dump 8) Structure 8 - Not yet recorded
5) Structure 5 - Hut One 9) Structure 9 - Not yet recorded
  10) Structure 10

This area of woods at Coleshill were used to house Signals staff and make the special radios used by SDS and the Zero Stations. CART is currently working with others to uncover more info in this area with it's Coleshill Uncovered project.

A short video walking around the area. This was shot before the Coleshill Uncovered work was conducted.

Front of Coleshill House. Image copyright to the Pleydell-Bouverie family.

An image taken from this area looking back towards the house. Image kindly copyrighted to and supplied by the Pleydell-Bouverie family.

Front of Coleshill House. Image copyright to the Pleydell-Bouverie family.

The front of Coleshill House taken by a soldier in February 1943. Image kindly copyrighted to and supplied by the Pleydell-Bouverie family.

Capt Ian Benson talking about the area of the Signals huts.

Digging at Coleshill

Working in the Coleshill Woods

Image taken by Stewart Angell.